6/15/09

Don't Blink, They Won't Even Miss You At All.

So lately I can't sleep, I can't think, all of those lovely things. I felt free to carve-up both my arms with nice little reminders of who I am. So I had the doctor paged and I went to see him today. I'm not sure if this outcome will be good or bad. They say be careful what you wish for.. I've learned that the hard way. He finally took me off the Lamictal. After next week, I'm not going to have to take that nasty, bile, shit again. Now he's keeping me on the Wellbutrin and adding a new medication, Depakote. I'm a little iffy about this.. there are pros and cons to it.

Pros:
Mood stabilizer.
Used for migraine prevention.

Cons:
Side effects can be weight gain, hair loss, insomnia, and depression.
- Why the HELL would he put me on a medicine to treat my depression if one of the side effects can be depression? A bit contradictory, if you ask me. Same with the insomnia; I can't sleep as it is.
Reacts with aspirin.

I'm beginning to think either I AM bipolar, or he thinks I am bipolar, because this again is a medicine for seizures and the manic stage of bipolar disorder. So, maybe I have manic-depression? It's possible. It would make a hell of a lot of sense. I mean, bipolar disorder is prevalent in my family as it is. Either way.. doesn't matter I guess. I just hope this works out.

So, now, I'll be on 1000mgs of Depakote and 500mgs of Wellbutrin, I think.
A new chapter lies ahead?


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home