8/1/08

In The Night, We'll Wish This Never Ends

I wish my mind had an off button,
We could stay up all night without the slightest of cares.
Chasing butterflies and chasing fantasies,
I would fall into your arms and have the sweetest dreams.

I wish I could fly an airplane,
Gliding over rainbows, kissing the rain.
Jumping on the moon is the greatest sensation,
But babe when I’m with you, we can light up the nation.

Twinkling stars match twinkling eyes,
Hand cupped in hand, let’s stop time tonight.
Let’s stop and rewind, go back to a time,
Where we could hide under covers and get lost for a while.

I wish I could be a brave soldier,
With pride in his heart, and a gun on his shoulder.
Or maybe I could be your blanket at night,
Laying with you, and hugging you tight.

I wish my mind had an off button,
We could stay up all night without the slightest of cares.
I’d picture you and think of your beautiful smile,
I swear to you we’ll make this dream last more than a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home